Monday, April 5, 2010

Jack Kerouac makes Esquire's "75 Best Dressed Men of All Time"

While it's no surprise to regular readers of The Daily Beat, Jack Kerouac was named to Esquire's "75 Best Dressed Men of All Time" list. He's number 23 in the list available here (don't get me started on the number 23 phenomenon - see my previous post on the matter here).

Jack's in good company with the likes of Steve McQueen, Sean Connery, and other sartorial role models.

When you see me in my flannel shirts, Carhartt workpants, and hiking boots, just remember: Jack thought of it first.

2 comments:

martine said...

followed your trail and ended up reading about apophenia on wiki (though interestingly the dictionary does not know the word). love it when blog browsing leads me to something i never knew.
thanks
martine

Rick Dale, author of The Beat Handbook said...

I love that, too, Martine! How did you connect my post to apophenia?