Sunday, November 27, 2011

Occupy Movement embraces Jack Kerouac

Okay, that's a misleading blog post title, but I'm all about traffic to my blog.

That said, click here to read an article in the Irish Independent about the Occupy movement. It includes a mention of a Jack Kerouac quote seen at Occupy Dame Street. Dame Street is a major street in Dublin that is home to several banks as well as Trinity College, where legend has it that the bell in the arch rings whenever a virgin passes under it (it hasn't rung in over 200 years).

Now, why didn't I think of putting that Jack quote on a sign for Occupy Augusta?

2 comments:

Stephen said...

The occupy movement was a good idea but unfortunately it has being hijacked by anti-capitalists who are intent on making trouble.

Rick Dale, author of The Beat Handbook said...

Stephen, I hope you're wrong but I honor your opinion!