1. Silver Lake, Los Angeles, CA
2. Mission District, San Francisco, CA
3. Williamsburg, Brooklyn, NY
4. Wicker Park, Chicago, IL
5. Pearl District, Portland, OR
6. H Street Corridor, Washington, D.C.
7. East Austin, Austin, TX
8. Capitol Hill, Seattle, WA
9. The Uptown, Oakland, CA
10. Warehouse District, New Orleans, LA
Why? Because they just made a list created by Forbes and Nextdoor.com of the top 10 hipster neighborhoods in the U.S.
So, unless you want to be surrounded by pretentious wanna-be's who think it's beat to wear black turtlenecks and berets and beat on bongo drums and who haven't read On The Road but carry it around with them and couldn't name another Kerouac novel if their life depended on it, stay clear of this list. As HuffPo's lead-in said, "So if you're looking to find a hipster home or alternately to avoid the hip hoopla, here are the top ten places where these organic-coffee-brewed-one-cup-at-a-time types reside."
When you think you're cool, you're not. End of analysis . . . .