Sunday, October 7, 2012

This year's secret word for Lowell Celebrates Kerouac

At last year's Lowell Celebrates Kerouac, we started a tradition wherein the first person to come up to me in Lowell and whisper the "secret word" gets a free autographed copy of my book. The secret word changes each year. Last year it was "Rumplestiltskin."

This year the secret word is "windows." (John W., you'll get a free book as a reward for being the beatest attendee this year, so no need to worry about the secret word.)

Past winners are not eligible (sorry, Melissa). If you win, with your permission you'll get your picture posted here on The Daily Beat (last year's winner is here).

There is a bonus this year. I will also give away a free autographed copy of my book to the first person who can tell me - in person in Lowell this week - why I chose this year's secret word. If you've been paying attention to The Daily Beat over the years, you can figure it out, but it won't be easy.

Good luck. 

P.S. Another way to grab a free copy of my book is to get yourself out to Jack's grave after I've been there and snag the copy I leave behind. It's meant for snagging, and some pretty interesting characters have snagged it in the past (more on that some day).

1 comment:

John Wight said...

Thanks for the honorable mention. I get the feeling this will be the best Lowell Celebrates Kerouac yet, at least for me. I'm sure playing the part...