Sunday, August 14, 2016

Coming up: Half a million pageviews for The Daily Beat



As I type this, The Daily Beat is at 499,998 all-time pageviews. That means later today we will likely hit the half million mark. That's not a big deal in the grand scheme of blogs, but it's a big deal in my world. I started this blog in 2008 (July 15 to be precise), coinciding with the publication of my book, The Beat Handbook: 100 Days of Kerouactions (available at Amazon). I don't remember when I started counting pageviews with Google's built-in stats, but it wasn't at the very beginning so the current number is low.

For a long time I was posting something daily, but life got in the way and the best I've done in recent years has been my weekly posting since the beginning of 2016 (a "streak," to use the terminology of my friend Kathleen Thompson from her book, The Project-Driven Life, also on Amazon).

To celebrate, when we hit half a million pageviews I am going to post an alert about it and offer a signed copy of my book to the first person to post a response to that post (not to this one).

For perspective, half a million dollar bills stacked neatly atop each other would be approximately 358 feet tall, about the height of a 30-35 story building. Half a million pageviews, all thanks to Jack Kerouac's genius and my persistence.

Stay tuned for the announcement!


No comments: