Here is this year's list with an update for each entry.
1. Go somewhere with Crystal we've never been
UPDATE: We spent most of September in France and Italy.
2. Buy Crystal flowers at least once-a-month (a streak)
UPDATE: I blew this one badly.
3. Attend to home repairs (shed, deck, driveway, chimney flashing)
UPDATE: Got the deck repaired and stained. Shed, driveway, chimney = fail.
4. Start acting like a writer (i.e., write)
UPDATE: What a joke. I'm no writer. Writers write.
5. Read something by Kerouac I haven't yet read (e.g., Some of the Dharma, The Unknown Kerouac)
6. Keep The Daily Beat streak going for another year
7. Work out at least twice a week (three if possible)
UPDATE: Been doing well with this goal, especially since Europe. I pretty much go to Planet Fitness every other day. It almost offsets my horrible diet and my drinking.
8. Take a road trip to Pennsylvania and visit Charlie on one leg of the trip (which would satisfy #1)
UPDATE: Visited Charlie, albeit the excuse for the overall trip was the death of my friend, Tom Hoover. We attended his services in Pennsylvania.
9. Visit the California Dales
UPDATE: Fail. We're going to try and make a trip in March.
10. Sing and play guitar more
UPDATE: Probably did this more than last year, but not enough.
I didn't even hang with Richard much, get to Jack's grave, or meditate regularly: all things I mentioned in last year's post as things to do in 2017. Of course, I spent a good part of the summer in severe back pain, finally getting a grip on it via a new chiropractor. But that is an excuse.
"Try? Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try." ~Yoda
For diehards, here is the link to last year's post, which contains links to all previous Kerouac-olution posts: http://thedailybeatblog.blogspot.com/2017/01/new-years-kerouac-olutions-for-2017.html.
So, what are my 2018 Kerouac-olutions?
NONE. NADA. ZIP. Not in the right frame of mind to post a bunch of hoo-haw that won't get done.
No resolutions, no disappointments.
Here's to a non-disappointing year. (What a low bar I have set for myself.)