Sunday, February 5, 2017

Follow-up to my October 18, 2016 post about my copy of Kerouac's The Dharma Bums



Back in October I posted about receiving a copy of The Dharma Bums as a gift from my great friend, Richard Marsh (click here). In that post I noted that it had the name Cindy Wolkin written in it and I asked her to contact me if she were the previous owner.

That same day I found a Cindy Wolkin on Facebook and sent her a message with a link to my blog post. Yesterday I got a response from Cindy, who says she recognized her signature and that she had that book when she was 15 and was a "big Kerouac fan." She apparently doesn't use Facebook messenger but happened to check it.

People complain about Facebook all the time, but it does have some utility in making connections between people all over the world.

Cindy, thanks for getting back to me and solving this little mystery, and please know that your copy of Bums is in good hands.

No comments: