Thursday, February 15, 2018

Curation #4 from my Kerouac bookshelf: Kerouac bobblehead

My Jack Kerouac bobblehead in its original packaging (sorry about the plastic)

The back of my Kerouac bobblehead's box

Next in my curation project (#4) is my Jack Kerouac bobblehead. This was a promotion by Lowell's Red Sox minor league baseball team. the Spinners, in consort with the UMass Lowell English Department. It was given out to the first 1,000 fans at the August 7, 2012 Lowell Spinners game, but it was also available by mail (the latter being how I got mine). This is the second such Kerouac bobblehead -- I don't have the first one. The first one goes for about 90 bucks on eBay and was given out on August 21, 2003. Click here for a Spinners bobblehead history.

The second version (mine) goes for about 30 bucks. If you're interested in having one of your own, just search for "Kerouac bobblehead" and you'll get there. Or offer me $1,000 cash for mine and I'll think about selling it. I note that the second version has a bobblethumb as well as a bobblehead.

As you can see, in the first version Jack is writing. In the second he is hitchhiking. Both have him wearing a backpack.

The 1st Kerouac bobblehead

I should point out that I am still waiting for Richard to take me to a Spinners game.

Next? We work our way down through that pile of CDs and DVDs. However, that won't be for a few days as we are headed to visit Richard for the weekend.



Below is a picture of the top shelf of my Kerouac bookshelf showing the placement of my bobblehead on the day I started curating my collection.

The top of my Kerouac bookshelf



No comments: