Thursday, August 16, 2018

Curation #115 from my Kerouac bookshelf: Jan Kerouac: A Life in Memory edited by Gerald Nicosia



Item #115 in my Kerouac bookshelf curation project is this paperback 2009 Noodlebrain Press first edition (no printing number) of Jan Kerouac: A Life in Memory edited by Gerald Nicosia. 187 pages, it measures about 6" x 9" and is in very good condition. The provenance is that I got it directly from the editor, who signed and inscribed the title page thus:
For Rick Dale--
Who's been on the Beat
trail a long time
(still some surprises)
[drawing of a rose]
a rose from
St. Theresa--
Peace &
friendship--
Gerry Nicosia
1-24-12
Corte Madera
As the author's website states:
Jan Kerouac: A Life in Memory is the first biography of post-Beat novelist and poet Jan Kerouac. Edited by Gerald Nicosia, it contains contributions by Nicosia, Phil Cousineau, Brenda Knight, Aram Saroyan, Brad Parker, John Allen Cassady, R.B. Morris, Jacques Kirouac, Adiel Gorel, Lee Harris, Mary Emmerick, Lynn Kushel Archer, Carl Macki, John Zielinski, Buddah (John Paul Pirolli), and Dan McKenzie, as well as a long interview with Jan by Nicosia and over 40 photographs.
I reviewed this book on March 1, 2012 here, and I encourage readers to visit that link for my take on this book. If you're just joining us, Jan was a gifted writer, and we curated three of her works earlier in this project:

June 20, 2018 Baby Driver
June 21, 2018 Trainsong
June 25, 2018 Excerpts from Parrot Fever


You can contact the editor directly to see about getting a signed copy here.




Below is a picture of Shelf #4 of my Kerouac bookshelf showing the placement of this book (9th from the left) on the day I started curating my collection. Next up: Mañana Means Heaven  by Tim Z. Hernandez.

Shelf #4 of my Kerouac bookshelf

No comments: