Saturday, August 18, 2018

Curation #117 from my Kerouac bookshelf: Mañana Means Heaven by Tim Z. Hernandez



Curation #117 in my Kerouac bookshelf curation project is this paperback 2013 The University of Arizona Press first edition first printing of Mañana Means Heaven by Tim Z. Hernandez. 231 pages, it measures about 6" x 9" and is in very good condition. The provenance is that I received from the publisher as a review copy. As you can see, the cover indicates that it is an "Advance Reading Copy."

I curated my other copy of Mañana Means Heaven yesterday so there is not much else to say about it except that the book won the 2014 International Latino Book Award in historical fiction. To read about Tim's other writings and awards, visit his website here.

We'll conclude with the relevant section from On The Road (from which the title derives):
"Sure, baby, mañana." It was always mañana. For the next week that was all I heard--mañana, a lovely word and one that probably means heaven (p. 94).



Below is a picture of Shelf #4 of my Kerouac bookshelf showing the placement of this book (11th from the left) on the day I started curating my collection. Next up: another copy of Minor Characters  by Joyce Johnson.

Shelf #4 of my Kerouac bookshelf







asdf

No comments: