Thursday, September 6, 2018

Curation #133 from my Kerouac bookshelf: The Beat Handbook: 100 Days of Kerouactions by Rick Dale



Item #133 in my Kerouac bookshelf curation project is this softcover 2008 BookSurge edition (no printing number) of The Beat Handbook: 100 Days of Kerouactions by Rick Dale. 221 pages, it measures about 5-1/4" x 8" and is in very good condition. The provenance is that I likely purchased it -- at my cost as the author -- directly from CreateSpace (formerly BookSurge), an Amazon company.

I already curated this book -- click here. Consequently, I won't go into details about it. The reason this copy is not in the pile of other copies on the top of my Kerouac bookshelf is related to the inscription on the title page:
To Anonymous
@writesomething.net
You never know
what can happen!
Dig the Ride!
Rick Dale
12/3/08
That inscription is from 10 years ago, and I don't remember its specific genesis. I was unable to find a record of this matter in past blog posts. I have to assume that I promised a copy of this book to "Anonymous" and never was able to follow through (e.g., perhaps the person never provided me a snail mail address). I have learned not to inscribe books until I'm certain they have a home. If you can shed light on this matter, let me know in a comment. Maybe we can get this book to its rightful owner, albeit not in a timely manner.

I hope you'll consider The Beat Handbook as a worthy item for your own Kerouac bookshelf. There's no need for the usual Amazon link here -- just look over there on the right hand side of this blog for a link to purchase my book.



Below is a picture of Shelf #4 of my Kerouac bookshelf showing the placement of this book (25th from the left) on the day I started curating my collection. Next up: Apocryphal Road Code by Jared Randall.

Shelf #4 of my Kerouac bookshelf

No comments: