Thursday, February 26, 2009

Naked women serving coffee




A topless coffee shop has opened in Vassalboro, Maine, much to the consternation of some locals. See this article in yesterday's Kennebec Journal: Topless coffee shop opens.

I wonder what Kerouac would do? Would he stop by once for the novelty? Become a regular? Eschew the whole scene?

Hard to say. He was definitely a fan of caffeine. Naked women certainly didn't scare him, considering his pension for brothels. Maybe he'd stop there on the way to the bar.

My local coffee shop, the Lazy Lab Cafe in Belgrade Lakes, ME, had the following sign out front yesterday morning (inspired by the newspaper article):



I had to take the picture with my cell phone because my camera battery had died (my laptop battery died last week - must be something in the air), so if you can't read it in the picture, here is what it says:

*NOT*
TOPLESS
BUTT
COFFEE IS
*HOT*
*


I don't know about you, but I think that's pretty damn clever. Made me laugh.

Why do we get so exercised over nakedness?

No comments: