Thursday, January 7, 2010

Jack Kerouac's FBI Files Part 3



Here is Part 3 in the on-going saga regarding my attempts to determine if Jack Kerouac has an FBI file (and get copies if one exists) under the Freedom of Information Act. As you can see by the above letter, my request to the San Francisco field office (contacting multiple field offices was recommended at the website Get Grandpa's FBI File) was forwarded to FBI Headquarters, which I had also contacted directly. The FBI has now assigned the same FOIPA number to all three of my requests. As I posited on December 16, perhaps one letter to FBI Headquarters is sufficient in such matters.

2 comments:

Thomas Newbold, MM, MT-BC said...

Yeah, I wouldn't go to far with the FBI. They probably have a file on you now. I dig your blog and would be honored if you took a second to look at mine.....literarymidget.blogspot.com or thenewb-log.blogspot.com....you'll find our old pal Jack mentioned on both. I also have a link to your blog on my new literary blog. Keep on bloggin' in the free world, professor.

Rick Dale, author of The Beat Handbook said...

Tom,

Thanks. I'll definitely check out your blog(s).