Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Jack Kerouac gets a new gravestone



I've written a lot about Jack in the past 6 years on this blog, and faithful readers know that I've made a pilgrimage to his grave almost annually since 2008. Today we learn that Jack got a new headstone. Click here for the story.

I don't know if the old headstone is still there, but I hope so. I always thought it was perfect. Unassuming. Inscribed, "He honored life." And what about Stella? I don't see her name on the new stone.

 I'm going to wait to weigh in on the new stone until after I see it in person in a couple of weeks. I'll definitely let you know what I think in my 2014 Report from Lowell Celebrates Kerouac.

Regardless of what I think, Jack doesn't care. He's safe in heaven dead.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow... I don't know how I feel about this. It's kind of like losing a first edition. Richard Marsh.

Anonymous said...

I just bumped into your blog this morning, that while I rarely get involved, yours merits my attention. A new headstone. Such a subtle deal to all that goes on behind the scenes, and then appears. Thank you so much for all that I see and read here! all and only the best. Hampton Bumgarner, Denver