Monday, March 21, 2011

Happy Belated Birthday, Jack Kerouac

Obviously, I have too much going on right now because I completely forgot to post about Jack's birthday on March 12. Perhaps it is of minor consolation that on that auspicious occasion I was in Hallowell partying at the Mardi Gras celebration with Crystal, a behavior Jack would definitely support. If you're jonesing for something to read about Jack's birthday, I posted more thoughtful entries on March 12, 2009 and 2010. Feel free to check those out.

Happy Belated Birthday, Jack. Maybe next year I'll make a pilgrimage to Lowell on your birthday weekend in an effort to make amends for my forgetfulness. Jack would have been 89 this year, so next year is a big one (90)!

2 comments:

Julie/bobeep said...

Celebrated his birthday with some loud reading and cake! maybe I should join you on the pilgrimage next year?
love this blog (:

Rick Dale, author of The Beat Handbook said...

Good for you, Julie. I'm still feeling guilty for forgetting. Glad you love my blog. Stay tuned closer to March next year - maybe we'll see you in Lowell.