Friday, February 23, 2018

Curation #9 from my Kerouac bookshelf: What Happened to Kerouac?



The 9th item to be curated from my Kerouac bookshelf is the 2-disc collector's edition of What Happened to Kerouac (2012). As intimated by the cover (see above), this documentary film includes interviews with a host of people who knew Jack -- too many to list here. Disc One runs 96 minutes and Disc Two runs 150 minutes.

Allen Ginsberg called this film "99 percent pure genius Kerouac."  It's still available pretty reasonably on Amazon (and probably other on-line sources). See link below.

Regular Daily Beat readers already know this is a "must-see" for Kerouac fans, and, indeed, it's on my bucket list to re-watch.




Below is a picture of the top shelf of my Kerouac bookshelf showing the placement of this Kerouac DVD set (5th item in the pile) on the day I started curating my collection. Next up: Big Sur, the film.

The top of my Kerouac bookshelf


No comments: