Monday, June 27, 2022

Pics of Jack Kerouac's favorite bar in Hyannis, MA

 My great friend Richard Marsh has been staying on Cape Cod for his honeymoon and sent me these pictures of the 19th Hole Tavern (affectionately known as The Hole), a bar that Jack Kerouac hung out in when he and his mother lived in Hyannis briefly in 1966 (at 20 Bristol Avenue according to Bill Morgan in Beat Atlas). HERE is a link to a story about the place and below are some pics Richard sent me. Richard says there is a difference of opinion as to which spot in the bar was Jack's.


(c) Richard Marsh 2022


Wow, that looks like me sitting at the bar!
(c) Richard Marsh 2022

(c) Richard Marsh 2022


(c) Richard Marsh 2022


(c) Richard Marsh 2022


(c) Richard Marsh 2022




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I suppose it was probably both. The table when in the mood to write, and the bar when in the mood to socialize. RM