Thursday, September 21, 2023

The Daily Beat is 15 years old!

The first official post (not a test post) I ever made on The Daily Beat was 15 years ago yesterday, on September 20, 2008. I was upta camp yesterday and thus missed the occasion.

HERE is a link to that post, announcing the availability of my book on Amazon.

2,169 posts and 1.3 million pageviews later, we are still going, albeit not as strongly or as often as in the beginning. We've kind of morphed into a curation/celebration of the birth and death dates of real-life characters from Jack Kerouac's works. Which is okay by me -- no one else is doing it (to my knowledge). And these are folks whose immortality is assured -- I am only helping that along in a small way.

So, happy belated anniversary to this Kerouac-obsessed blog. In honor of this momentous occasion, I will do something special for myself (to be determined).


No comments: