Sunday, January 8, 2012

Interview with Al Hinkle?

As readers of The Daily Beat know, we are occasionally blessed with the opportunity to interview people with beat generation connections of one sort or another. Most famous, of course, was our interview with Helen Weaver, available here. We also interviewed the publisher of Kerouac's Dog Magazine, available here, and an up-and-coming beat hero from San Francisco, Travis Tribble (click here).

I say all of this because I am hoping to get the opportunity to interview Al Hinkle, who readers know as Ed Dunkel from On The Road, Slim Buckle in Visions of Cody, and Ed Buckle in Book of Dreams. Al is a living example of beat generation history, being the only surviving member of Jack Kerouac's road partners.

I caught up with Al on Facebook, and he said he would start checking out my blog. Al, if you're reading this, I'm officially asking to interview you via e-mail for The Daily Beat. If you're willing, please send me an e-mail to thebeathandbook@gmail.com and I'll respond with questions. I didn't want to clutter up your Facebook page with such a request. If it's meant to be, it's meant to be.

I hope you'll check out our other interviews and decide to give us the opportunity. Since it's written, you have total control over what we print - we don't change a thing from what an interviewee submits and what we post.

Here's hoping Al reads this post and decides to give us a rare glimpse into beat history! Beat aficionados have their fingers crossed.

Yair!

No comments: