Monday, June 18, 2018

Genesis Angels: The Saga of Lew Welch & the Beat Generation




Just scored this copy of Aram Saroyan's book, Genesis Angels: The Saga of Lew Welch & the Beat Generation. I've always wanted to read more about Lew Welch, being a big fan of his poetry (I reviewed Ring of Bone here). 

I won't curate this book since it wasn't on my Kerouac shelf at the time I started curating, but in the way of information, it's a hardback 1979 first edition first printing by William Morrow and Company, Inc. This copy is in very good condition and is one of the few 1E/1P hardcovers in my collection.

I'll report back after I read it and let you know what I think.

Kerouac fans know the Kerouac connection here. Jack and Lew were friends. Lew played a prominent role in Jack's Big Sur adventure (detailed in, of course, Big Sur, where Lew appears as Dave Wain). and he was on that cross-country road trip with Jack and Albert Saijo that produced Trip Trap: Haiku On The Road. Lew also appeared in Desolation Angels as Dave Wain.

No comments: