Saturday, January 19, 2019

A curse on spam commenters



I am receiving dozens of spam comments per day here at The Daily Beat. I say spam because the comments are posted as anonymous and they say nothing specific about the post they are directed at. It's just generic drivel.

My dilemma is that I cannot delete spam comments in a batch for fear that a legitimate comment is mixed in with the dozens of spam comments (which I must assume come from bots -- some that are poor at spelling, by the way). Consequently, I have to read each one and click on it and then mark it as spam. Time-consuming!

If you are a legitimate commenter, it would help if you didn't show up as anonymous. Also, remember that if your comment doesn't appear, it may be that I mistakenly deleted it. If you post a legit comment and don't see it in a couple of days, just repost it and maybe I'll catch it the second time around.

I don't know what is to gain from spamming my blog, but I do know that it is a waste of my time to deal with and it's rather annoying to boot.

So . . . go pound sand, spammers! I invoke a holy curse on your heads that you may suffer indignities galore and lose your minds in a dimly lit magnanimity of evil stench. Amen.



No comments: