Monday, March 18, 2019

Another Kerouac experience on the road

This is an old picture so don't sick the MSP on me for driving with an expired registration

Not long ago I posted about an experience while driving regarding my Kerouac-themed license plate (above). Click here to read that post.

Today, as we were leaving Auburn, Maine -- on Russell Street -- we were at a stop light and I looked in my rearview mirror to see the driver of the car behind me, a young woman, pointing at my license plate and laughing. She proceeded to pull out her cell phone and took a picture of my plate. I gave her the thumbs-up in my mirror and she returned the gesture.

I can only imagine that she is a diehard Kerouac fan, the thought of which makes my heart happy. We are not alone.

By the way, she passed me at the next light and I noted her license plate: PHREE. If you know who she is, have her get in touch with us at thebeathandbook@gmail.com. There's a free book awaiting her.

No comments: