Friday, January 31, 2020

I provide a Jack Kerouac quote and you figure out the book (4th in a series)



This is the 4th in a series of posts where I provide a quote from one of Jack Kerouac's books and you figure out which one. Post your answer as a comment. Here's the passage:
I'll go light candles to the Madonna, I'll paint the Madonna, and eat ice cream, benny and bread--"Dope and saltpork," as Bikkhu Booboo said--I'll go to the South of Sicily in the winter, and paint memories of Arles--I'll buy a piano and Mozart me that--I'll write long sad tales about people in the legend of my life--This part is my part of the movie, let's hear yours

Good luck! Remember our policy on comments (over there on the right).

3 comments:

Thomas Holloway said...

Almost certain that's from The Dharma Bums.

Rick Dale, author of The Beat Handbook said...

A good guess, Thomas. I'm looking for a different Kerouac novel in which this is the last paragraph....

Rick Dale, author of The Beat Handbook said...

Well, it's been over a week and no correct answer has appeared so I will end the suspense: Tristessa.