Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Lowell bound

 


A plan has emerged wherein tomorrow we will be driving to Lowell, MA -- Jack Kerouac's hometown -- to see the On The Road scroll at The Boott Cotton Mill Museum. We're going to meet my great friend, Richard Marsh, and his partner, Kim, at The Worthen for lunch, after which we'll either head directly to the scroll and then visit Jack's grave or vice versa. In any case, as per my custom I will be leaving a signed copy of my book on the grave, sealed in a gallon baggie with "STEAL THIS BOOK!" written on the outside. Drinking a shot at the grave is also required. If you happen to be near The Worthen around noon tomorrow, stop in and mention this post and I'll buy you a draft beer or a shot of Jack Daniels. In Jack's memory, the only wine I'll buy you is port.

Pictures or it didn't happen.


1 comment:

NewRobin13 said...

I love that you are going to see the scroll at the museum and then going to the cemetery. I also love that you are leaving a book there with that note on it. I so wish we lived closer, Roger and I would love to meet you there. Please send our love out to the universe to Jack Kerouac. Thank you for doing this.