Saturday, November 28, 2020

Kerouac post #1,900 since July 15, 2008

 


Like the Energizer bunny, this blog just keeps going and going and going.... We published a test post on July 15, 2008 (click HERE), and since then we have posted 1,899 times. That makes 1,900 posts about Jack Kerouac for your reading pleasure. That's 4,519 days (helped out there by a Days Calculator at https://www.timeanddate.com/date/duration.html). According to my limited math skills, that's .42 posts per day, or about one post every 2 days (1,900/4519 = .420447).

1,900 posts with something to do with Jack Kerouac! Not bad for someone who doesn't have a clue what he is doing most of the time (me, not Jack).

Serendipitously, today I received an e-mail request out of the blue for a signed copy of my book. I don't sell many books that way, but if you're interested, e-mail me at thebeathandbook@gmail.com with your request and I'll send you a PayPal link for payment. It's $15.00 including postage in the U.S. -- foreign orders are more, depending on where you live.

Happy 1,900 posts and cheers to many more. We'll have to do something special when we hit 2,000. Maybe we'll give away a book?


No comments: