Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Curation #159 from my Kerouac bookshelf: Beat & Beyond: A Gathering, newsprint schedule



Item #159 in my Kerouac bookshelf curation project is this newsprint 8-page schedule for Beat & Beyond: A Gathering in NYC June 3-8, 2016. This was a six day poetry celebration honoring Beat poets, writers, musicians et al. Most of the events took place at Howl! Happening or Bowery Poetry or Bowery Electric near Bleecker Street.

On a last minute whim, my great friend, Richard Marsh, and I attended one day of this event and I wrote up the adventure here (with pictures!). It was a great event and the first time I ever saw Michael McClure and Ann Charters in person.



Below is a picture of Shelf #5 (last one!) of my Kerouac bookshelf showing the placement of this item (13th from the top of the pile) on the day I started curating my collection. Next up: Reflections Upon the 50th Anniversary of Jack Kerouac's On the Road edited by Ron Whitehead and Robert M. Zoschke.

Shelf #5 of my Kerouac bookshelf

No comments: