Thursday, July 26, 2018

Curation #94 from my Kerouac bookshelf: Kerouac: Visions of Lowell by John J Dorfner



Item #94 in my Kerouac bookshelf curation project is this paperback 1993 Cooper Street Publications (no printing number) copy of John J Dorfner's Kerouac: Visions of Lowell. 60 pages, it measures about 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" and is in very good condition. The provenance is that I got it directly from the author, who signed the title page.

This is a book with pictures of and text about Jack Kerouac's hometown of Lowell, Massachusetts. Author John J. Dorfner lovingly compiled this collection, which includes a foreword by Allen Ginsberg.

I reviewed this book on January 28, 2012; click here to read that review in which I said:
Anyone interested in Jack Kerouac, or in the history of Lowell (the old pictures are fabulous, especially if you know Lowell today and can compare), will likely find this little book to be a treasure chest.

I don't really have anything to add to that previous review other than to say that this little gem belongs on your Kerouac bookshelf. If you want your own copy of Kerouac: Visions of Lowell, either e-mail John at johnjdorfner@gmail.com or visit his website at http://writerjjd.com/.



Below is a picture of Shelf #3 of my Kerouac bookshelf showing the placement of this book (14th from the left) on the day I started curating my collection. Next up: Kerouac: Visions of Rocky Mount by John J Dorfner.

Shelf #3 of my Kerouac bookshelf

No comments: