Friday, July 27, 2018

Curation #95 from my Kerouac bookshelf: Kerouac: Visions of Rocky Mount by John J Dorfner



Item #95 in my Kerouac bookshelf curation project is this paperback 1991 Cooper Street Publications (no printing number) copy of John J Dorfner's Kerouac: Visions of Rocky Mount. 65 pages, it measures about 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" and is in very good condition. The provenance is that I got it directly from the author, who signed the title page.

This book features pictures of and text about Rocky Mount, North Carolina, where Jack Kerouac occasionally lived and wrote in the 1950s. I reviewed this book on February 3, 2012; click here to read that review in which I said:
If you've ever wanted to see actual images of some of the places around Rocky Mount that Jack wrote about, this is an essential edition to your Kerouac collection. That it's a fun and informative read is icing on the cake.

Like the author's other Kerouac book, Kerouac: Visions of Lowell, this belongs on your Kerouac bookshelf. If you want your own copy of Kerouac: Visions of Rocky Mount, either e-mail John at johnjdorfner@gmail.com or visit his website at http://writerjjd.com/.



Below is a picture of Shelf #3 of my Kerouac bookshelf showing the placement of this book (15th from the left) on the day I started curating my collection. Next up: White Hand Society: The Psychedelic Partnership of Timothy Leary & Allen Ginsberg by Peter Conners.

Shelf #3 of my Kerouac bookshelf

No comments: