Sunday, March 22, 2009

March 22: On Drinks

Today's Kerouaction

Today's post is participatory. Its intention is to answer the question, "What would Kerouac drink?"

Let's build a list of all the alcholic drinks mentioned in Jack's writing. I'm starting out the list with two drinks:

-double bourbon and ginger ale (Big Sur)
-poorboy of Tokay (The Dharma Bums)

Your job is to add to the list. Name the alcoholic drink, and name the Kerouac work.

Let's shoot for a long, accurate, comprehensive list.

Good luck!

5 comments:

Jonny Ross said...

hiball of whiskey and "Canady" Dry - Tristessa
whisky straight up - On the Road

Rick Dale, author of The Beat Handbook said...

Thanks, Jonny. Now we're up to 4!

Rick Dale, author of The Beat Handbook said...

big bottle of Juarez Bourbon whiskey - Tristessa

Comrade M said...

I can't think of anything else he drank...but I do know a place WHERE he drank...My Brother's Bar in Denver...however, if they'd treated Jack and Neil the same way they treated my friends when we went in there, I'm not sure why they drank there at all.

Rick Dale, author of The Beat Handbook said...

I'll put that on my list of places to visit and hope for a better reception!