Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Curation #100 from my Kerouac bookshelf: Off the Road: My Years with Cassady, Kerouac, and Ginsberg by Carolyn Cassady




Item #100 in my Kerouac bookshelf curation project is this paperback 1990 Penguin Books ninth printing of Carolyn Cassady's Off the Road: My Years with Cassady, Kerouac, and Ginsberg. 436 pages, it measures about 5-3/8" x 8-1/4" and is in good condition. The provenance is likely that I bought it used from Amazon.

In order to do something different on the occasion of my 100th curation, I'm not going to opine about this book (regular readers need no background on Carolyn Cassady or her import in the Kerouac story). Instead, I will leave it to you. Leave a comment on what you thought about Off the Road.

And with that, we'll call it 100.


P.S. Don't ask me why this edition is going for $190.57 on Amazon....






Below is a picture of Shelf #3 of my Kerouac bookshelf showing the placement of this book (20th from the left) on the day I started curating my collection. Next up: Loving and Hating Charles Bukowski by Linda King. Why Bukowski on my Kerouac bookshelf? Answers next time.

Shelf #3 of my Kerouac bookshelf

No comments: