Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Curation #127 from my Kerouac bookshelf: The Poetry Deal by Diane di Prima



Item #127 in my Kerouac bookshelf curation project is this paperback 2014 City Lights (no printing number) edition of The Poetry Deal by Diane di Prima. 109 pages, it measures about 5" x 7" and is in very good condition. The provenance is that it was sent to me by the publisher for review.

The City Lights blurb for this book is that it is "the first full-length volume of new poetry in decades from legendary feminist Beat poet, Diane di Prima." I reviewed this book on March 8, 2015, in which I said:
You owe it to yourself to get a copy of The Poetry Deal from City Lights. This is the kind of poetry book that one comes back to over time, gleaning new insights and making fresh connections. The poems are real, they are significant, and they are well-crafted: as one would expect from the Poet Laureate of San Francisco.

You can read my full review here (along with a mini-review of Memoirs of a Beatnik, which I curated yesterday).

You can purchase The Poetry Deal directly from City Lights by clicking here (plus read review blurbs and excerpts).



Below is a picture of Shelf #4 of my Kerouac bookshelf showing the placement of this book (21st from the left) on the day I started curating my collection. Next up: Conversations with Jack Kerouac edited by Kevin J. Hayes.

Shelf #4 of my Kerouac bookshelf

No comments: