Saturday, August 11, 2018

Curation #110 from my Kerouac bookshelf: One and Only: The Untold Story of On The Road & Lu Anne Henderson, the Woman Who Started Jack Kerouac and Neal Cassady on Their Journey by Gerald Nicosia and Anne Marie Santos



Item #110 in my Kerouac bookshelf curation project is this hardcover 2011 Viva Editions first edition first printing of One and Only: The Untold Story of On The Road & Lu Anne Henderson, the Woman Who Started Jack Kerouac and Neal Cassady on Their Journey by Gerald Nicosia and Anne Marie Santos. 244 pages. it measures about 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" and is in very good condition. The provenance is that this was a review copy I received directly from the publisher.

Gerald Nicosia is no stranger to regular readers of The Daily Beat. He is well-known as an early Kerouac biographer (Memory Babe: A Critical Biography of Jack Kerouac) and I have posted interviews with Gerry in the past. In this book, Nicosia teams up with Anne Marie Santos, the daughter of Lu Anne Henderson ("Marylou" in On The Road) to bring us an intimate and in-depth look at the woman who, as the title indicates, "started Jack Kerouac and Neal Cassady on their journey."

I reviewed this book in-depth on February 24, 2012, so there is no need to go into detail here. You can read that review here.

This book definitely deserves a spot on your Kerouac bookshelf.







Below is a picture of Shelf #4 of my Kerouac bookshelf showing the placement of this book (4th from the left) on the day I started curating my collection. Next up: a paperback copy of One and Only: The Untold Story of On The Road & Lu Anne Henderson, the Woman Who Started Jack Kerouac and Neal Cassady on Their Journey by Gerald Nicosia and Anne Marie Santos.

Shelf #4 of my Kerouac bookshelf

No comments: