Friday, August 31, 2018

Curation #129 from my Kerouac bookshelf: Beatitude by Larry Closs



Item #129 in my Kerouac bookshelf curation project is this paperback 2011 Rebel Satori Press (no printing number) edition of Beatitude by Larry Closs. 264 pages, it measures about 5-1/2" x 8-1/4" and is in very good condition. The provenance is that the author sent me this as a review copy.

I reviewed Beatitude here on December 22, 2011. In that review, I said:
I liked this novel a lot, and for a couple of reasons. First, it is well-written. Closs demonstrates a clear command of narration, dialogue, and detail. As a result, the story is both believable and engaging. Second, Closs skillfully weaves together a modern love story with a Beat Generation subplot, and it works. Along the way, we learn some things about human nature as well.
Check out my review for more details about the content and you will see why this book sits on my Kerouac bookshelf.







Below is a picture of Shelf #4 of my Kerouac bookshelf showing the placement of this book (23rd from the left) on the day I started curating my collection. Next up: Why Kerouac Matters: The Lessons of On the Road (They're Not What You Think) by John Leland.

Shelf #4 of my Kerouac bookshelf

No comments: