Friday, November 23, 2018

A blog mystery (Caution: Nothing about Kerouac in this post)



Every so often I drill down into my blog statistics just to see if anything jumps out at me. Today I noticed that this post from 2010, "And when I die," is leading pageviews for the day (n=62), week (n=234), and month (n=234). I don't know how many it has received for all time (I don't think Blogger provides that info), but it hasn't cracked the top ten for all time (#10 is at 2,197 pageviews).

I am wondering why all of a sudden a fairly innocuous 2010 post is getting traffic. I have no way to tell - Blogger doesn't show sources by post, only for one's overall blog -- but if I had to guess I would say that some piece of content in that blog is causing it to pop up in Internet searches, and/or someone has linked to that post on social media or a website or blog.

Below are the only things I am guessing might have been the aforementioned content:
Blood, Sweat, & Tears
Laura Nyro
Kate McGarrigle
Bushmills

On-line there are recent newsy items about all four topics, but none that seem significant enough to have spurred searches that landed folks on my post. So, it will remain a mystery unless a bunch of folks who visited that post comment and tell us why. Or, if someone fesses up to linking to that post for some reason.

Mysteries abound, and all we can do is abide them . . . .



No comments: