Sunday, November 25, 2018

Be constructive or be gone



Read the following paragraph:
Next time I read a blog, I hope that it does not fail me as much as this particular one. I mean, I know it was my choice to read through, but I truly thought that you would have something useful to say. All I hear is a bunch of complaining about something you could fix if you were not too busy looking for attention.

The above is an example of a recent comment to The Daily Beat that I refused to post. I get multiple comments per day that I consider spam. The above -- despite being snarky and unhelpful -- was posted on this post, one that has no complaining in it whatsoever. Oh, and I forgot to mention that the comment was from "Anonymous." Real gutsy.

Maybe I'm oversensitive, but the above kinds of nonconstructive comments just aren't going to get posted. Besides, all I care about is getting attention, so why would I post anything negative about myself? (Note: I have done so in the past when it was a constructive criticism.)

And the beat goes on . . . .


No comments: