Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Edition of On The Road we'll be using


In preparation for our venture into On The Road, here is the dog-eared cover of my many-times-read 1976 edition published by Penguin Books. It's the edition I will be showing excerpts from over the next 78 days, and which makes the best companion to my book, The Beat Handbook: 100 Days of Kerouactions.

Reading my book works best if you read the relevant passage from The Dharma Bums or On The Road, and that is why I have been posting excerpts from Bums over the last 23* days. Tomorrow I'll start posting excerpts from On The Road that my book references.

Tomorrow's topic: On Friends.


*Don't get me started on the number 23 phenomena, which was first identified by beat legend William S. Burroughs and which I posted about here.

No comments: